In this episode
An intro to
Discover the latest trends and expert insights on kitchen design with our latest episode of the podcast. Join Dunc as he breaks down the cost of a kitchen renovation and hear from award-winning designer Annika from Rowson Kitchens as she shares her controversial thoughts on kitchen design. Jen also shares her knowledge on budget-friendly kitchen renovation options and the differences between mid-level and high-end kitchen designs. Tune in now to elevate your kitchen renovation game and visit our website for more information and links related to this episode.Listen on Spotify
We also cover:
- The ‘golden triangle’ rule for laying out your kitchen
- The different ‘work areas’ in your kitchen that will help you to figure out what to store and where
- Whether cupboards or drawers are cheaper, and the up-specs you can opt for
- A cost-saving hack for open shelving
- When and where to DIY your splashback tiling, Jen’s failed splashback and why Dunc’s dad is a tiling legend… or is he?!
- The ‘extras’ for your kitchen cupboards and drawers that are worth investing in
- Insinkerators… yay or nay?
- The default choice for kitchen sinks, and the other options available
- What separates a good kitchen from a great kitchen
- The two key things most clients ask for in a kitchen reno
- The three items worth spending on to add ‘wow’ factor to any kitchen reno
- The timeless design choices for any kitchen
- How long a kitchen reno takes and what people do when they’re between kitchens
- Why you can’t install a gas hob next to a fridge
- Why Annika doesn’t believe in sculleries, but is happy to include a butler’s pantry in her client’s designs
- How to make the most of deep cupboards in terms of accessing what’s in them
- Annika’s go-to tap spec for any kitchen reno
- What exactly a ‘cool drawer’ is and how it can be used
- Reasons to install a steam oven, induction hobs and what the more aesthetic solution for hideous rangehoods is
- Appliance positioning and concealing them in the cabinetry
- Why Annika prefers to position both the cooktop and the sink in the island
Jen's FREE ebook
20 Insider Tips & Tricks ebook
New projects are exciting but they can also be daunting.
I've shared my ultimate insider knowledge in this FREE Tips & Tricks ebook. The 20 tips will set you up for success, and help you move through the process as smoothly as possible.
As a bonus for downloading this free ebook, you'll also unlock 20% off my Renovation Budget Blowout Prevention eCourse too!