In this episode
Jen explains the reason why older homes with original electrical boards are a headache, and what it takes to upgrade them. Dunc chats through all the upgrades he’s made to the two homes he’s renovated and what’s left to do - including USB charging, dimmables and strip lighting. Before digging into the guest interview with Pauline ‘Voltlet’ both Jen and Dunc share top tips on how to give your electrical outlets and switches a facelift.
Listen on Spotify
We also cover:
- Pauline’s tradie background including choosing her trade and getting qualified, and the company she works for and the type of projects they cover (currently replacing lights at Wellington stadium!)
- What you can and can’t do by yourself when it comes to electrical
- The fire and electrical shock risk older cabling has
- How new cabling is run depending on the construction of the walls
- Ways to save money on your electrical bill
- What homeowners can do to be prepared for their electrician before work starts
- Common lighting changes in older homes
- What it takes to install a spa pool
- Items that need to be on their own circuit
- Incorporating automation into your design
Jen's FREE ebook
20 Insider Tips & Tricks ebook
New projects are exciting but they can also be daunting.
I've shared my ultimate insider knowledge in this FREE Tips & Tricks ebook. The 20 tips will set you up for success, and help you move through the process as smoothly as possible.
As a bonus for downloading this free ebook, you'll also unlock 20% off my Renovation Budget Blowout Prevention eCourse too!